Learn The Key Dates As PM Plans To Lead The Nation Out Of Lockdown
22 Feb 2021
Boris Johnson has never been a more welcome face on the TV as he addressed the nation today. The Prime Minister laid out his administrations “roadmap” out of the nationwide lockdown currently taking place in the UK.
Acknowledging this isn’t the end of the coronavirus pandemic the PM said: “The threat remains substantial with the numbers in hospital only now beginning to fall below the peak of the first wave in April but we are able to take these steps because of the resolve of the British people and the extraordinary success of our NHS in vaccinating more than 17.5 million people across the UK.”
- All kids back in schools March 8th. Secondary and Pupils tested twice a week.
- Outdoor sports to return 29th March. Rule of 6 or two household allowed to meet. Work from home to continue.
- None essential retail, inside gyms, barbers and hairdressers to reopen April 12th.
- Outdoor gatherings of 30 people and indoor mixing of two households on May 17th.
- Restaurants, Pubs, sports stadiums, concert halls, theatres & weddings all back May 17th also.
Step 4: Removal on all legal limits on social contacts June 21st. Concerts, Clubs should be open possibly with testing.
The UK PM will also hold a televised press conference at 19:00 GMT. Check back for here for further developments.